J / MSLER Pageant InformationImportant Dates:Pageant Date: March 9, 2023Applications Due: January 2, 2023
All applications must be typed and include an official bio of 250 words (max). You can download the PDF below, but you must view it from a desktop (not a mobile phone) to have access to the fillable function. All applications, required documentation, and payments must be submitted by mail and postmarked no later than January 2, 2023
. No application will be considered if it is postmarked after this date. The MSLER Committee will review every application and notify applicants of approval status by January 31, 2023.
J / MSLER Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
Required documents that must be submitted with each application:
- MSLER applicants must be a female between the ages of 17 – 20 years old as of March 9, 2023
- JMSLER applicants must be a female between the ages of 13 – 16 years old as of March 9, 2023
- Has never been married or pregnant
- Are not currently holding another pageant title at the time of competition (this does not include titles such as prom queen/winter festival queen/etc. which do not have obligations throughout the year).
- Must have earned a high school diploma or be currently enrolled in a public, private, or home school program and be in good standing
- Must be able to provide her own horse and transportation for the pageant and required rodeo appearances if selected as J / MSLER. Said horse must have proof of current negative Coggins (Coggins will need to be presented at Horsemanship check-in)
- Never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor
- Copy of birth certificate
- Proof of high school diploma or current GPA – must be 2.5 or higher
- Proof of most recent middle school report card if applicant is not yet in high school
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of current Alabama residency (copy of driver’s license or proof of school enrollment)
- 8”x10” color headshot in western attire including a felt cowboy hat (list applicant's name on the back)
The entry fee for the 2023 J / MSLER pageant is $160.00.
Applicants are not subject to a refund for entry fees if it is found that her application does not meet the eligibility requirements which are outlined above and in the rules and regulations document.
Mail the typed application, required documentation, and payment to the SLE Rodeo Headquarters:
Southeastern Livestock Exposition
ATTN: Miss SLE Rodeo Committee
201 S. Bainbridge Street
Montgomery, AL 36104*Checks must be made out to the Southeastern Livestock Exposition.
*It is recommended you mail this in a way that you will be provided with a tracking number.
*This must be postmarked no later than January 2, 2023, or it will not be considered.
Pageant Schedule (Subject to change)
MARCH 9, 2023
Location: Garrett Coliseum Arena | 1555 Federal Drive, Montgomery, AL
9:30AM Mounted Division Check-in (provide proof of negative Coggins)
10:00AM Horsemanship, Hot Lap, Flag Pattern, and Dismounted Interviews (open to the public)
--------Break for lunch on your own--------
Location: Alabama Cattlemen's Association | 201 S. Bainbridge Street, Montgomery, AL
1:00PM Formal Wear Division Check-in (third floor)
1:30PM Written Test (board room)
2:30PM Modeling, Impromptu Questions, Speeches, Media Interviews, Individual Interviews (third floor) (not open to the public)
4:30PM Coronation (third floor) (open to the public)
Awards will be given to the following winners:
Miss SLE Overall Winner - Official MSLER chaps, crown, buckle, sashes
Junior Miss SLE Overall Winner - Official JMSLER chaps, crown, buckle, sashes
Most Photogenic (JMSLER and MSLER winners) - Framed contestant glamour shot
Horsemanship (JMSLER and MSLER winners) - Custom SLE Rodeo Bronc Halter
For questions, contact: